In Fences, the fence is a physical object, but it can also represent the emotional or personal barriers people create. Think about a “fence” you have built in your own life. What were you trying to keep out or protect yourself from? Did that fence help you or hold you back? Explain.
The fence I built was to keep sin out my life. At a young age I was taught to avoid sin and live for Christ and his kingdom everyday, but also understand that as humans we’re going to sin everyday and the only way we can be saved is through the Love of Jesus Christ. Even though we sin, I built a fence in my life to avoid sin and not yearn for sinning. So far in my life, the fence has helped me live the way I am supposed to. Even though I sin, I may not live in sin and yearn to do it willingly.
Comments
Post a Comment