If someone tried to understand you using only your race, what important things would that person miss? Describe at least three other parts of your cultural identity that help make you who you are.

 If someone tried to only understand me using race, they're missing key details about my identity. First off, my identity is shaped around Christ. I look as Jesus Christ as my guide in life and my Lord and Savior. I'm not trying to say you're less of me if you do not honor your life through Christ, But understanding through race over this is the missing piece you have about me. The second but most thing that'll be miss is my life experiences. Most of the time I meet someone, They did or almost went through the same things I went through. Most of my friends dad has walked out of their lives just like mine(This is a negative experience but it helps me connect with other people easily), and other people I have met throughout the years mostly spend time on their mom side when it comes to family gatherings. The last thing I'll say that will be the last missing piece in trying to understand me is my culture. I'm from Georgia, which is a southern state, so somethings I do, others from different states won't understand. For example, the fanny packs was a large trend in Georgia during 2019. People wore these not just for fashion, but also to carry extra items on them. Late 2019 I move to Florida, and the other students are confused about why I am wearing a fanny pack. Another thing to add on is that a majority of Atlanta likes to eat chick-fil-a and Wendy's, but the people I was around in Florida preferred Wawa. To wrap it up, The parts of my identity that could be missing in understanding me is my true identity, my culture, and my experiences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe a time when you felt completely lost.