What parts of your identity have had the greatest influence on the person you are today? Have you ever felt pressure to change, hide, or emphasize a part of yourself in order to fit in?

 The parts of my identity with the most significant influence on my life is the culture/experiences, community, and interests. Most of my identity really came from the interests I found in things growing up. Throughout my years, I have always loved sports(Basketball, football, american football,etc.), which really plays a huge part in the person I am today. Other things I found interesting about are Video games, something I use as a hobby, art, another hobby of mines, and dogs(Just growing closer to any breed). The next thing that shapes my identity is the community I've been around. My family plays a big role in the person I am today. Not just me but my family, particularly my moms side, are big on comedy. Due to them, I always love to get around people and share a good laugh together. The last thing that shapes me is the culture and experiences I had with my culture. I'm from Atlanta, Georgia, so a lot of stuff I picked up on is down here, like my music taste, my food taste, and some of my fashion taste. I had multiple experiences that has shaped me, such as playing street basketball in downtown Atlanta, meeting new people and exchanging similarities and differences, and getting together with other people to recreate memories mostly from sports or events. In summary, I am the person I am today because of my life experiences, and my experiences in the Atlanta culture, my interests, and my community.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe a time when you felt completely lost.

If someone tried to understand you using only your race, what important things would that person miss? Describe at least three other parts of your cultural identity that help make you who you are.

3 goals that I want to achieve this year