Judith Ortiz Cofer says, “The Island travels with you.” What part of your culture, family, or identity do you feel “travels” with you everywhere you go?
There multiply things in my culture that travels with me. For example no matter where I go, I’m defending going to vibe to some music. Whether it’s rap, neo soul, soul, rnb, etc, I will forever have music around me. Another thing is no matter where I go, I’m always going to use some type of slang, whether I have to explain it to the other person or they understand me, I’ll forever use slang. Lastly, my faith in my taste in food will follow everywhere I go. Because of my strong faith in Christ and my strive to follow him, I will praise him whether I’m in America or another country. And then secondly, my taste in food will go wherever I go. I usually like entrées with a source of some meat, rice and vegetables. Most countries have dishes like this so if I go out of America, I’ll think I’ll be used to other countries foods.
Comments
Post a Comment